Some, as we painfully were reminded this month, resort to suicide.
Right now the media is focused on five teens who committed suicide in response to anti-LGBTQ bullying. As tragic as that is, there are a lot more than five. Thanks to our readers, so far we so far have found nine.
Nine male teenagers all committed suicide in the month of September, victims of bullying. There are reports that all but one were victims of anti-LGBTQ bullying. The “type” of bullying of one, Felix Sacco, was not identified.
If nine teens died in one month from a mysterious disease, there would be marches to the White House demanding something be done.
So, aside from a press release, what is being done?
- Billy Lucas (15) September 9, 2010. Indiana
- Cody J. Barker (17) September 13, 2010. Wisconsin
- Seth Walsh (13) September 19, 2010. California
- Tyler Clementi (18) September 22, 2010. New Jersey
- Asher Brown (13) September 23, 2010. Texas
- Harrison Chase Brown (15) September, 25 2010. Colorado
- Raymond Chase (19) September 29, 2010. Rhode Island
- Felix Sacco (17) September 29, 2010. Massachusetts
- Caleb Nolt (14) September 30, 2010. Indiana
If you have additional information, please share it with us: firstname.lastname@example.org