Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Friday, March 4, 2011

Arora to vote for marriage, says voters should decide

March 4, 2011

BALTIMORE SUN


Del. Sam Arora, who in recent days said he would vote for gay marriage in committee but wouldn't commit to doing so if it moves along toward final passage, has announced his decision to vote yes on the floor.

Arora, a new Montgomery County Democrat, announced his plans on his Web site.

"As the vote drew nearer, I wrestled with this issue in a way I never had before, which led me to realize that I had some concerns about the bill," he said. "While I personally believe that Maryland should extend civil rights to same-sex couples through civil unions, I have come to the conclusion that this issue has such impact on the people of Maryland that they should have a direct say."


(Continue reading)

No comments:

Post a Comment