Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Monday, October 4, 2010

10-2-2010 Signs of the Times

10-2-2010 Signs of the Times


10-2-2010 Signs of the Times Hotlist

Share12 2

Sat Oct 02, 2010 at 10:18:17 AM PDT

I thought I would post some of the signs I've seen so far and do a more detailed diary later in the week. There are people coming from every direction to the Lincoln Memorial. The Metro station exit for the Smithsonian literally was a continuous stream of people wearing union shirts and carrying signs. I was able to get a press pass as a Kossack so I could get some good shots of the crowd and the signs.
I had to leave to get something for my migraine, I got too close to the pa system, so I thought it would be a good time to get a diary out.
I will return and get some better crowd pictures since everyone was still arriving when I had to leave. As opposed to the recent astroturf rally's this one was as diverse as America. There were people from many states and with different careers based on their union affiliations.
These two were the first ones I encountered on my way to the event. we crossed paths outside the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.
IMG_3103
Now for some interesting signs
IMG_3116
IMG_3117
IMG_3123
IMG_3122
IMG_3124
IMG_3125
IMG_3126
IMG_3127
IMG_3128
IMG_3131
IMG_3134
Sorry I couldn't find any misspelled posters. I guess it takes a certain intellect to be a Progressive.

No comments:

Post a Comment