Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Hawaii appoints its first openly gay supreme court judge

Sabrina McKenna was approved as a
supreme court judge by the state senate
 

The state senate of Hawaii, has approved Neil Abercrombie’s first judicial appointment, to make Sabrina McKenna the state’s first openly gay supreme court judge.
Ms McKenna, 53, was a senior judge working in the state’s family court.
“This is the most important decision I have made in my career,” Mr Abercrombie said in a statement when he first nominated Ms McKenna. “This appointment sets the course for the state and its legal direction for the next several years.  I am completely confident that Judge McKenna’s appointment will be something I’m proud of for the rest of my life.”


=end=

No comments:

Post a Comment