Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Daily Mail (UK) cartoon equates gay couples with Nazis

by Seph Brown -
 
Today the Daily Mail predictably backed the right of business owners to discriminate against homosexual couples.
As horrific as it is, I am not shocked by their editorial line.
I am however confused and angered by the paper’s cartoon, satirising the event by depicting two burly, gay, neo-Nazi bikers attempting to enter a Christian hotel:

'Isn't that romantic, George, dear? Mr and Mr Smith would like the bridal suite.'
                'Isn't that romantic, George, dear? Mr and Mr Smith would like the bridal suite.'

I understand that you wouldn’t want a Nazi staying in your B&B, so are the Mail saying that gay couples are like Nazis?
As far as I am aware, unlike the decades of discimination against the LGBT community, the ‘oppressed Nazi’ is not a particulatly large or sympathetic minority group.
Maybe I’m just a humourless lefty, but I don’t get it.


-end-

1 comment:

  1. It's easy for me to imagine the drawing being of a male-female couple as offensively attired & tattooed. It would make the same point - that Christians get to serve people they approve of and anything else is ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete