Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Swedish footballer Anton Hysen comes out as gay

By Jessica Geen -


Swedish football player Anton Hysen has announced he is gay.
The 20-year-old came out in an interview with Offside magazine today.
Hysen, who plays for Swedish 4th tier side Utsiktens BK, is the first elite Swedish player to come out.
He told the magazine today that it was “f**ked up” that no other Swedish player had come out yet.
“I am a footballer. And gay. If I perform as a footballer, then I do not think it matters if I like girls or boys,” he said.
He admitted that the announcement could affect his career, but pointed out that other players had to deal with issues like racism from coaches and team bosses.
“That is their problem and not mine,” he told the magazine. “People may call me anything they want, it will just make me even more psyched. ”
The footballer is the son of former Liverpool and Fiorentina star Glenn Hysen,
Hysen senior told the magazine he was pleased his son had decided to come out.

=end=

No comments:

Post a Comment