Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Friday, February 4, 2011

In The Life - Live Out Loud's Homecoming Project

"This is such a special day for me to come back to my school. I grew up in a conservative, conservative Mormon family. I knew that I was going to Hell."
-- Dustin Lance Black

Dustin Lance Black was a shy high school student when he first heard Harvey Milk's message to gay kids in small towns across America: "I know that you cannot live on hope alone but without it life is not worth living." Black survived high school and went on to write the Oscar winning film celebrating the life of his hero, Milk. The Homecoming Project brings Black back to his hometown of Salinas, California to deliver his own message of survival to inspire a new generation of students.



=end=

No comments:

Post a Comment