Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Gay ’New Kid’ Says He’s Never Been in the Closet

By Kilian Melloy -

Jonathan Knight
Jonathan Knight 
First, Carrie Fisher "outs" John Travolta in an interview with The Advocate. Now, Tiffany has let slip that New Kids on the Block member Jonathan Knight is gay. But Knight says his being gay wasn’t a secret anyway.

"I have never been outed by anyone but myself!" Knight posted in a blog at the band’s blog, according to a Jan. 31 CNN blog posting. "I did so almost twenty years ago," added Knight, who is a native of Massachusetts.

Knight was part of the popular boy band for ten years, starting in 1984. The band reformed in 2008. The following year, tabloid newspaper The National Enquirer published an article in which a purported male former lover, Braziian model Kyle Wilker, claimed that Knight was gay.

"I never knew that I would have to [come out] all over again publicly just because I reunited with NKOTB!" Knight, 42, continued. "I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay!

"Apparently the pre-requisite to being a gay public figure is to appear on the cover of a magazine with the caption ’I am gay,’ " Knight added. "I apologize for not doing so if this is what was expected! My belief is that you live your life by example, and not by a caption on a magazine!"

The entertainer went on to say, "If there ever has been any confusion about my sexuality, then you are someone that doesn’t even know me!" However, he indicated a disinclination to make his sexuality a focus of discussion, adding, "I love living my life being open and honest, but at this time I choose not to discuss my private life any further! My fellow band members don’t discuss their private lives with their loved ones and I don’t feel that just because I am gay, I should have to discuss mine!"

Kilian Melloy reviews media, conducts interviews, and writes commentary for EDGEBoston, where he also serves as Assistant Arts Editor.

-end-

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iPad and
    tested to see if it can survive a thirty foot drop, just so
    she can be a youtube sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is totally off topic but I had to
    share it with someone!

    Here is my site - familyishere.com

    ReplyDelete