Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Kate Clinton: Not Voting Is No Laughing Matter!

KateBy David Mixner -

So what’s this I’m hearing? That some of my dear LGBTs are not going to vote?
Listen to me.
If you don’t vote, the terrorists will have won.
If you don’t vote, it will not get better.
If you don’t vote. Ugh. The phrase makes me ill.
You’re going to throw a big hissy fit because you did not yet get your weh weh way about Don’t Ask Don’t Tell or gay marriage? Is that it?
You know what? Grow up. Democracy takes time. Fascism is much faster. We get fascism when people get all weh weh and don’t vote.
Two words: Palin. Beck.
But Obama promised us change we can believe in. Si se pueda and all.
Oh puleeze. This is bigger than you or me or Obama.
This is about war, poverty, race, the environment and of course LGBT rights.
I get asked “”But aren’t you disappointed?” Of course I am. But I prefer this disappointment to the wracking despair I had in the Bush years.
I’m excited about what the Obama Administraion has begun to do despite enormous Audacity of Nope opposition and the pile of pookie left behind.
I’m disappointed and excited. I’m having two thoughts at the same time. And I vote.
Not voting? Shut the front door! Behind you. As you go out to vote.
Bring four friends.
Do not make me come over there.

for more from David visit Live from Hell's Kitchen.

-end-

No comments:

Post a Comment