Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Blake Shelton retracts anti-gay message

Blake Shelton apologized for a parody of
Shania Twain song that offended people
By B. J. HAMMERSTEIN -

Country star Blake Shelton found himself apologizing after he wrote what appeared to be an anti-gay message from his Twitter account Wednesday.
GLAAD, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, demanded an apology Thursday from Shelton, who is a judge on NBC's new reality singing competition "The Voice."
Shelton referenced the Shania Twain tune "Any Man of Mine" when he wrote: "Re-writing my fav Shania Twain song... Any man that tries Touching my behind He's gonna be a beaten, bleedin', heaving kind of guy."
The original lyrics are: "Any man of mine better walk the line/ Better show me a teasin' squeezin' pleasin' kinda time."
Shelton later clarified his Tweet: "Hey y'all allow me to seriously apologize for the misunderstanding with the whole re-write on the Shania song last night. ... It honestly wasn't even meant that way.... I now know that there are people out there waiting to jump at everything I say on here or anywhere. But when it comes to gay/lesbian rights or just feelings... I love everybody."

No comments:

Post a Comment