Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A big thanks to our organizers!

I would like to thank the organizers for making this site a reality. I'm very excited about the possibilities and think there are some incredible writers here.

Who is cooper888? You can call me cooper (not my real name but it works for the internet - smile) and I am 52, living in Sacramento and happily married to my husband for 2+ years. We've been together for 12+ but when marriage equality became legal in California we took advantage of being able to formalize our relationship. We didn't feel the need since we already considered ourselves married, but boy oh boy... when the justice of the peace said I now pronounce you spouses for life, did it really hit home just how powerful the institution of marriage is ingrained into the core of your being.

I look forward to writing on more lighthearted topics such as food, etc. But currently I have a passion for something a bit more political. I'm working to defeat Andrew Pugno, architect and counsel for the Prop8 campaign. He is running for the California State Assembly as a republican in my district against democratic challenger Dr. Richard Pan. I hope you will join me in working to defeat Pugno and send a clear message to NOM and their ilk that they are not welcome as my representative. (wow, my restraint there was remarkable! I think you can imagine what I really wanted to say and exactly what language I would prefer to use)

If you are interested in learning more about Pugno and what we can do to defeat him please see my earlier posting 'Prop8 Lawyer for CA Assembly? Not so fast...'

Nice to meet everyone....

2 comments: