Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Doing that whole "bio" thing

*wave*

Hello there,

I'm Heather R, aka smellybeast on Daily Kos. I'm probably most well known in this group for my diaries regarding the Uniting American Families Act.

My partner of 3 years and I live in San Francisco. She's from the UK and here on a temporary work visa that expires next year. We will have to leave the country and my family (now hers) behind in order to stay together. So far Canada is looking like it may be an option, but barring that we will probably be moving to the UK.

My life really isn't very exciting beyond the tricky immigration situation. I have a BA in Anthropology from UC Berkeley, which I use constantly in my work as a legal secretary (hahaha). My hobbies include caring for my elderly cat and playing tower defense games. I also love traveling, hiking and reading science fiction. Blogging at Daily Kos was my start in online organizing and I look forward to seeing what we can do here.

5 comments:

  1. What are 'tower defense games' ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Tower_defense

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Tower defense is a subgenre of real-time strategy computer games.[1][2] The goal is to try to stop enemies from crossing the map by building towers which shoot at them as they pass. Enemies and towers usually have varied abilities and costs. When an enemy is defeated, the player earns money or points, which are used to buy or upgrade towers.[3]

    The choice and positioning of the towers is the essential strategy of the game. Many games, such as Flash Element Tower Defense, feature enemies that run through a "maze", which allows the player to strategically place towers for optimal effectiveness.[4] However, some versions of the genre force the user to create the maze out of their own towers, such as Desktop Tower Defense.[5] Some versions are a hybrid of these two types, with preset paths that can be modified to some extent by tower placement."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Heather, thanks for the bio! Immigration reform or lack there of is just one more thing to be furious about from these past two years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the tower defense game where you protect your sheep from aliens.

    ReplyDelete