Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

boring little me

Hi this is Irish Patti.
I am a straight woman living in Denver CO with my sweetie and our 2 dogs. I am originally from NY, and I have the attitude to match :). I know a few of the members here in meatspace. I am an LPN. I will be going back to school this January for my RN and BSN. I hope to eventually become a Nurse Practitioner. I am very liberal. I am a political junkie. I got involved in politics young because I was taught about the British Occupation of Northern Ireland. I was brought up hating Margaret Thatcher. As an adult, I put together a protest rally against her. That was one of my proudest moments. I got 500 people to protest on a summer Wednesday afternoon. I hope to help with community diaries here, especially regarding food and sports. I love to cook and bake. If I didn't love my nursing, I would go to culinary arts school.

Anything else you want to know I am more than happy to answer.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie, you seem most enthusiastic of anybody who expressed interest in a community diary, Ron suggested you team up with mjb, since she has the foodie background from her work, and come up with a format you can both run with. How does that sound?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Boring", quite the opposite!!!
    For my fellow Irish New Yorker:

    oh hell I can't post photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ed, we need to pester Andy to see if we can find someway to improve messaging here... sucks as is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ed: You can post photos, either by linking to them or by uploading them to your blogger account. The latter option uses up a lot of your space availability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Robyn, I'll just avoid posting any photos..quelle surprise? Not a huge fan of Google Blogs as I've had issues with them before from signing in to navigating. For example there is no button for retrieving Comments you've made unless you started the subject line. I'm now going to search for my Second Comment..LOL

    Yup Terry Agree. I don't know how much it ended up costing but "Progressive Blue"'s setup was much more user friendly for something like this.
    It is a "Soap Blox" basis, see it here:
    http://progressiveblue.com/

    ReplyDelete