Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Jumping In with an Intro

When the character of a man is not clear to you, look at his friends.
- Japanese proverb

I hope the above quote is true, because I can think of no better way of being deemed worthy than by the quality of the friends I met through Daily Kos and who've started this grand experiment of a blog. I'm grateful for them every day.


By way of introductions, I'm Allison (ajewella) and I'm a 48-year-old Bisexual woman living in Dallas, TX. Although I have degrees in teaching and psychology, I'm currently a writer for an international telecommunications corporation. Writing is my first and enduring love but in various incarnations I've worked in computer software, public health, and publishing.


I'd hoped to be living in Hawaii by now, but a bad economy and a recent health crisis (breast cancer) have delayed that dream for the time being. I've recovered my health (I'll be 2 years cancer-free in December) and now I'm working on recovering financially.


I'm an unaffiliated Buddhist and celebrated my 10th wedding anniversary last May. The biggest accomplishment of my life - and the one that give me the most joy - is the perfectly glorious little son I managed to give birth to when I was 43. When I'm not busy being his Mom, I'll be around here posting on such varying topics as bisexual issues, GLBT history/culture, and any number other things that tickle my (and I hope your) fancy.
Until next time...Love to all.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for saying hi {{{Allison}}}. How did kidjewella's garden grow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. kidjewella's garden was a big success. We managed to prevent in from burning up in the purgatorial heat we had this Summer and he even raised a couple of batches of Painted Lady butterflies that he released into his flowers. Overall, a really great experience for him.

    Now that Summer is coming to a close, he's all about creating his Ghostbuster costume for Halloween. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great! remember that diary idea about raising kids with tolerance we've kicked around, your assignment, when you manage to scrape together an hour or two is to work on that topic. Brian, of the #B's is trying to add GLBT parenting and adoption advocates to our roster. Parenting diaries are very much encouraged! Thanks Allison!

    ReplyDelete