Please note-

*Please note- Your browser preferences must be set to 'allow 3rd party cookies' in order to comment in our diaries.

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Elton says fatherhood is ‘incredible’

Being a father is “incredible”, Elton John and David Furnish say.
The couple, who are parents to Zachary, born on Christmas Day, revealed more about their new life.
Elton told ITV’s Daybreak programme that Zachary was “the most divine little thing in the world”.
He said: “He’s only five weeks old, just over five weeks old, but those five weeks, you can’t imagine how much love has come out of that little boy for us, and us for him, and it’s been incredible.
“I’m like a gibbering wreck in front of him. I just sit there, I make up songs and sing to him in gibberish, I’m very good at gibberish now.
“He’s the most divine little thing in the world. Now it’s our chance to make sure we do a good job, and that’s the hardest part.”
He added: “I just love him, it’s just great. If you don’t get in the trenches, you’re never going to know about your son, or your daughter.”
Mr Furnish said: “It’s joyful. I didn’t think, after 17 years, we could feel any closer to each other, but I feel like the whole experience has brought us even closer together.
“I marvel at Elton at 63 years of age, attacking fatherhood for the first time. He’s just a complete natural, he’s rolled his sleeves up and got right involved, it’s been wonderful.”
Sir Elton added: “I thought ‘I’m a young 63, let’s go for it’. We knew we would get criticised, and that it’s not everybody’s cup of tea, you can’t please everybody.
“We knew we would get a bit of flak, and we did, but we’re big enough to rise through that.”

=end=

No comments:

Post a Comment